Friday, March 11, 2011

Without my Scars...

     I hear people say "I wish I could go back to High School" or "go back to college" ... and granted, I was cute about the time I was 21. I must have had a body image problem, I thought I was fat...but seriously...I had issues. Anyways, I'm moving away from the point of this post. 


     I remember who I Was then...7 and 10 years ago, kind of. I remember my mistakes. But I don't really remember who I was without my scars. The things that I have encountered in life that have changed me forever, I think, as hard as they have been, are worth it when I look in the mirror. I am far more compassionate. I make slightly better choices. I know when to ask for help, and I'm not too proud or afraid to ask. 


     I try not to complain too much, God knows I could be going through much harder and difficult times. 


     Above all else, I don't know who I would be without my scars...or my wounds. 

No comments: