Monday, March 14, 2011

Up and Down...

When it's just me and Carly Beth at home, she is awesome. Seriously, we color, sing, and watch PBS Kids all day. But, the moment you add another warm blooded being to the mix, something changes. This includes our dogs. This includes the strangers at Walmart that laughed at us while they were walking into the store and I was trying to fold her body into the buggy seat. (BTW: DON'T LAUGH AT US WHILE YOU'RE WALKING PAST...I may find you in the store later and accidentally knock my buggy into your ankle.)
Every "no" that falls upon her precious ears is a challenge to her independence. I always said "I'll never bribe my child..." but m&ms work wonders. Carly Beth submits to just about anything for a handful of m&ms.
I love CB, but CB loves Daddy...who consequently is the favorite. Hey - he is my favorite guy too, but give me a break! I hate having to correct Daddy, but sometimes it cannot be avoided. Like when CB asks for tea at 8 pm...and he is pouring her a glass even though she's only allowed milk after 7 so I don't have to tie her to the bed while she's on a sugar high.
This isn't complaining, or ranting...just the communication of some factoids :).
I love Carly Beth and her fierce independence. Her vocabulary isn't like kids who go to Preschool, but her imagination is strong. I keep trying to video some of her tea parties, but she catches me!
I love her Daddy too! He is my Knight in shining armor!
I am surely blessed beyond measure.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:11th St NW,Hickory,United States

No comments: