Monday, March 12, 2012

Surprise Baby Shower!

I LOVE surprises! I love being apart of a surprise and receiving them. But let me start the story back a couple months ago...
One of my Aunts told me she wanted to throw a baby shower for me but thought we should wait till after the baby came so guests would know whether to buy for a boy or a girl. This wasn't a huge deal since we kept all our larger baby things we received for Carly Beth like the bouncy seat, Pack n play, High chair, and stroller. All babies really need at the beginning is diapers and onesies, right?

Last week, my Aunt invited me to a surprise brunch for my cousin Caitlin's 11th birthday. I got excited and made a couple rounds of biscuits to take. I even made her a present of quality time cards: like little "mini dates" just for us. She likes quality time, it's her love language. Anyways...
On Saturday morning we got ready and I was having one of those harder mornings so I put my hair in a ponytail and skipped makeup. When we got to my aunt's house, I noticed some cars that surprised me, but didn't think anything about it. When I walked in...
IT WAS A BABY SHOWER FOR ME!!! I was so surprised! No one notice me slip in so I walked into the kitchen and said "This doesn't look like a birthday party." I'm still just so surprised! It was my family, so even though it was a large group it was still intimate and quaint. I felt, and still feel so special! I was so surprised!
I feel much more prepared for Baby Watson's arrival and I am so thankful for my family! Turns out my husband knew and he kept it a secret even though he knew I was having trouble not shopping for the baby.
Thank you do much for my surprise!! I'm still so surprised and very very blessed!

No comments: