Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I Turned 30...and Life Went On

I've been 30 for 11 days. Thankfully, I'm not crying about it anymore. Actually, I was upset the days leading up to my birthday...I'm sure being pregnant was a factor. But once my birthday came, it was a pretty great day! I am prone to having birthdays that are less than fabulous...but since we are close to my family now, it was great! My Dad and Stepmom took CB on Thursday and kept her until Saturday. It was such a blessing!! I needed a day to myself and Hubby and I got to have a date night. Unfortunately, on Thursday night Hubby's Dad called to to us that his grandmother passed away. Her quality of life hadn't been good for a while, and we know she went to be with Jesus. Friday was my birthday and it was great! Hubby made sure no one forgot to call or text me, myna Aunt Di took me to lunch, my Mama took me shopping...and we had dinner at the farm with her, my stepdad and Samuel. It was a great day. Saturday we went on to Charlotte to celebrate New Years with the Lail's...and Sunday we were busy in Concord with Todd's grandmother's arrangements. Monday we traveled to Boone to bury her. In the midst of all that...Hubby bought a tractor!


Guess our farm dreams are on their way to coming true...

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Happy Birthday, my friend :)