Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Two and a half weeks to go!!!

Recently I have received several emails from girls I went to Aveda with and they all include the line "It seems like you've been pregnant forever!".....for me, up until about two weeks ago, it seemed that it was flying by. Now time seems to be crawling. Maybe it's because we are ready and waiting. Everything is finished and we are just waiting. So is there something else I need to be doing? The nursery is done, all the clothes are washed, the bags are packed. We have a birth plan, a phone tree, I've burned cds of music for the delivery room, I know what I want my first meal to be after the baby comes....What else could there possibly be to do? Sleep sounds like an awesome option, but that's hit and miss these days. Several people have told me that its "God getting me ready" ... which makes sense, however, I haven't really slept well the whole time. For every 1 night of great sleep, I have 9-13 bad nights. I would say that lack of comfort is the cause, and that is my biggest complaint. But hey...it's okay. Not too much longer now and I'll have the option of sleeping on my stomach again, it's just that I'll have to do it on a schedule for about 3 months until the baby sleeps through the night.

I am very excited to start this new journey with Todd. When we first found out that we were having a baby, I was worried that I would turn into the hormonal monster I had witnessed other women turn into, But Todd is so constant and calm, I have had rare monster moments. I have also learned that some men like to poke at their pregnant wives just for fun, and if you have to deal with the monster because of that, it's really your own fault. I knew that Todd was the one from a few weeks into our relationship (exactly 2 weeks), but I am even more convinced today that we were made for eachother. I don't know what I've done for him, but I know that he is the reason that I have been so calm for the past 9 months. He's the reason why I don't change my mind about things because someone tries to convince me that I may not be right. He's been very encouraging and supportive...I hope that this baby has his calmness. His mom says he's been that way since before he was born. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Well, two and a half weeks to go....maybe the next time I post there will be pictures of our new baby!

1 comment:

Wes & MM said...

One piece of advice... while in the hospital, take everything! When they wheel in the baby on that little rolly-cart, everything that is stocked in the cart is for YOUR baby... if its not used they will throw it away. So take it all! Diapers - shirts - suction bulb - everything! You are paying for it in the many bills to come - so get use of everything!! Put your feet up! mm