Saturday, August 18, 2012

Over You...

"It really sinks in, you know, when I see it in stone


Cause you went away,

How dare you?
I miss you
They say I’ll be OK
But I’m not going to ever get over you"
Over You - By Miranda Lambert



     I can't believe it's been six months (yesterday) since GangGang passed away. I don't think I've really accepted it. Visiting Bluffton last week was really weird. It was the first time since we were there for her funeral. I kept expecting her to come walking into the kitchen with her walker. To say I miss her is a huge understatement. I am amazed at how someone affected my life so much in a short period of time and from long distance! 

     I tell Ella Rose about GangGang a lot. I never want us to forget her or not talk about her. I want Ella to know everything about the amazing lady she's named after. 

     It's selfish, but I wish she was still here.  She lived a very long and very full life. I'm just not ready to give her up yet. I know she's healed, and reunited with her husband in heaven...and I know I'll see her again. 

     I miss you so much, GangGang. Have fun playing with my babies until I get to heaven too. I know you'll be waiting for all of us with open arms. 

No comments: