Tuesday, January 18, 2011

God Was Listening After All

I'm sitting on my couch in Concord looking at everything around me...there's a LOT left to do before Saturday. It's Moving Day! We are moving to Hickory! God has worked out every last detail and a decision that my Husband made on a whim has been awesome. Granted, I've done a lot of packing, donating and throwing away in the past couple weeks, but I know that there's a whole group of people that will be waiting for us when we get there on Saturday to help unload and unpack...and just welcome us HOME.
I am so grateful. Between you and me...just days before the decision was made an this was all set into motion, I had a prayer moment, bowed at the front of the stage at Kinetic Church. I cried out, yelled really, and asked God why He wasn't listening to me. I was feeling like my prayers
for weeks were falling on deaf ears. I begged for a sign that He hadn't forgotten me or cast me to the side. Mere days passed and as soon as we decided we were 100% sure on moving, a job opportunity presents itself for Todd. It's looking like he may only have to commute back to Concord for work a couple weeks. My family has helped us pack and also prepare our new home. They will be there when we arrive Saturday to help get us settled.
I feel a little silly admitting that through my emotions I conveniently forgot God's
Promises in His word were the only proof I really needed. But I'm glad He looked past my audacity and called my bluff.

God really is listening when you cry out, stay faithful, and He will too.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Pine Cir Dr NW,Concord,United States

No comments: